Caught Blay -Z about 8.30am after a long night of writing and producing.
Heres what he had to say to Therealgrimescene.com:-
First off, why "Breaking the Ice"?
I named it Breaking the Ice because it was my first official mixtape. So I was basically breaking the ice between myself and the listeners, sort of like a introduction.
And what can your loyal fans expect? how have things changed from the era of Bunn Demm and tunes such as Murkting?
I would say a lot of things have changed. I've grown as a mc and producer, its like with age n time i've evolved and especially with the project i'm working on now, it shows how the levels have changed. If you listen to the intro of Breaking the ice Vol.1, it'll show you a glimpse of how I've improved in grime up to that point, and I can assure people that the levels now are very high!
speaking of new projects...Jeff Jarrett???
Yeah man, that's the mixtape i'm working on at the moment, I named it after the wrestler.
I think me and him have got a lot in common, like Jeff Jarrett was always in and out of the limelight, which I kinda see myself doing a lot. I mean I've been around for a long time and worked with the best of the best such as Wiley, Skepta etc but yeah when people weren't paying Jeff Jarrett attention he would yurn up at main events and smash people over the head with his Guitar loool.
im not saying that i want to turn up at peoples set's with instruments or anything but i want to take that concept and show people that if you take your eyes off me, (which i felt people were doing) then you will get a mad surprise, which will be revealed in the new mixtape. Trust me I'm going very hard on this project, its going to be one of the top mixtapes this year i guarantee it.
Mixtape of the year so far?
You know what it would have to be between Jendor's mixtape and Wiley's Race against Time.
I noticed a send for Terror Dudley in yours, and i'm sure a lot of people weren't expecting a track with Skepta...
Lool yeah that track, that track had quite a few indirects and directs in there, but we both did a track for each other to show the levels. It wasn't no mad beef situation though, that's young. We had a disagreement and took it to the studio.
The Skepta collab now.. Skepta's a cool brudda for real man. Big up da Boy Better Know camp! But yeah me and MsM were working on a few tracks of mine and Skepta passed through and i played him some material. I showed him the track, he heard it, pulled out a pen and paper and strapped bars for it on the spot. The outcome was alot.!
Collaborations are the way forward! Anyone else in the scene you'd like to work with?
Blay – Z
I think Trim is one of the most under-rated in the scene. We would make something hot.
Agree with you 100%, make that happen! lol... and to wrap it up, anything to say to the fans?
Look out for Jeff Jarrett Vol.1 and i'm always looking to collaborate with artists and producers so get at me !!!!!!
1. Intro (Progression)
2. Reality Check (Produced by Furee)
3. Badaman Skank (Produced by Blay-Z)
4. The Truth (Produced by Blay-Z)
5. Highlife (Ft. Trigz) (Produced by Blay-Z)
6. Write u out da Game (Produced by Blay-Z)
7. Skit - 16 year old Sprayers
8. I Aint Got Time (Produced by Blay-Z)
9. I won’t stand for nothing (Ft. Skepta & Trigz) (Produced by Y.wizz)
10. I’m Raving (Produced by Y.wizz)
11. Soilder (Produced by Y.Wizz)
13. You Know I’m (Produced by Furee)
14. Streets of Rage (Produced by Blay-Z)
15. B Team (Ft. Shadie & Double S) (Produced by Blay-Z)
16. Harp Instru-MENTAL
17. Madness - Instru-MENTAL
18. Seek The 1st - Instru-MENTAL
19. (BONUS SNEEK) Jeff Jarrett Vol.1 Out Autumn - Blay-Z My Swag (Produced By Blay-Z)
20. ( BONUS TRACK ) Doubling P’s Instrumental
21. ( BONUS TRACK ) Blay-Z - Plans Over (Ft. Bunn Demm Kru)
22. ( BONUS TRACK ) Blay-Z - I’m So Fly (Ft. Bunn Demm Kru)
23. ( BONUS TRACK ) Blay-Z - I Up The Levels (Ft. Shadie)
24. ( BONUS TRACK ) Shadie - 3 Main Elements